Are you finding it hard to get your foot in the door and start your career?
Want the security of working for a stable and secure 130+ year old Australian company that is the market leader and represents a top 100 global brand?
Love working in a team, learning new skills, helping customers, and travelling?
Not scared to get out of the office and get your hands dirty and learn how to drive construction equipment?
Then you need to work for William Adams, the Caterpillar dealer in Victoria & Tasmania!
Our Sales Team is currently on the search for a motivated and driven Sales Support Assistant. If you’re someone who likes to get your hands dirty, and you want to learn all about the heavy machinery industry, this could be the perfect opportunity. You'll be out and about in the field with our customers and on our Cat machines all the time!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be based in our Clayton branch where you will be at the forefront of ensuring a positive customer experience both internally and externally. You will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of being a William Adams Sales Representative, and to follow in the path of previous incumbents that are now top performing sales professionals.
Previous incumbents have taken advantage of commencing a career as our Sales Support Assistant and gone on to be high successful equipment salespeople with excellent commission, salary packages, opportunities to travel and continue to enjoy the many benefits of working for the best in the industry.
Reporting to our Product Manager your main responsibilities will include:
- Operating and demonstrating our work tools (competency training and certificates provided)
- Act as our work tool ‘expert’ across the business, providing guidance to the Sales team
- Providing research support on industry and competitive trends and options
- Assisting in exhibitions, product demonstrations and field days
- Working with Caterpillar and other suppliers of work tools
You thrive when you are learning and are driven to succeed. You want to work with a business focused on customers success and continuous improvement while working with the best equipment, technology, and support services.
You will ideally have the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Experience in a similar position, and/or passion for the heavy machinery industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel
- Customer service experience (in retail or similar)
- Great time management and organisation skills
- A desire to immerse yourself in and learn about a wide range of exciting products
Why work with us?
As our Sales Support Assistant you will receive one on one mentoring, online and face to face professional development, required licensing and certifications and support to position you for future career progression within the company across a wide range of sales operations; including machinery sales & rental, product support & technology – the choice is yours.
You will be surrounded by like-minded professionals that are passionate about William Adams values of; Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Commitment and Sustainability.
Want to know more?
Call Stella in our Talent Acquisition Team on 03 9566 0959
*We value thoroughness and attention to detail, so if you click apply, please be sure to address all of the requirements in your cover letter and, most importantly, mention how you would play your role in our “Let’s Do the Work” campaign.
We look forward to receiving your application!