- High-tech machines: You'll have the opportunity to work on the most advanced and powerful machines and equipment on Earth.
- Team environment: Work with an inclusive and supportive team that values your input and skill set.
- Pride in what you do: You're helping maintain equipment that has an impact on your community.
We are currently seeking an experienced Site Supervisor who possesses strong project management experience, to lead our busy on-site project team based at our customer's site on the West Coast of Tasmania.
The role will be a 5 x 2 roster (12 hr shifts), with the requirement to work any additional over-time as needed to manage the on-site requirements of the project (accommodation and meals will be provided during rostered days on on-site). The work that you will be involved in will be the Major Component Rebuild Program of 19 x 789C Caterpillar trucks.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will provide hands-on supervision and manage the day to day on-site operations of the scheduled work scope of 19 x 789C Caterpillar off-highway mining trucks. The proposed start date for the project is the 1st November 2018, with a scheduled duration of between 12-14 months.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing excellent Customer service through on-site communication and scheduled productive output
- Manage the on-site scheduled component replacement and associated repairs on 19 x 789C off-highway Caterpillar mining trucks
- Assist in managing all associated scheduling of the on-site component and parts requirements for the project
- Ensuring appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are applied at all times
- Comply with all company safety, health & environment procedures
- Maintaining a high level of productivity, on-site presentation along with ensuring the required Contamination Control standards are met at all times
To be considered for this role we are looking for the following skills, experience & attributes:
- Qualified Diesel Technician
- 5 years post trade experience
- Has had previous proven on-site or major project workshop supervisory experience
- A strong commitment to safety, health & environment procedures
- Familiarity of Caterpillar computer diagnostics
- 789C machine maintenance experience or similar
- Mine site experience
- High Risk Licence – Dogging and Forklift (not essential)
- Current Drivers Licence
- Working knowledge of parts & service systems
We can offer you an attractive remuneration package including a mobile phone and site vehicle. You will be on a fixed term contract for the duration of the project, with the aim to offer you a permanent position once complete.
ABOUT WILLIAM ADAMS
Working at William Adams offers you the chance to work for a market leader offering quality products and services. Being the Victoria and Tasmania Caterpillar dealership since 1926, when you join the 600+ people employed by William Adams you are joining the 200,000 global Caterpillar family employees.
In addition to earthmoving equipment distribution and product support, William Adams also supplies Caterpillar products and service to the construction, mining, quarrying and agricultural markets. William Adams also rents equipment in this territory via the CAT Rental StoreTM operation.
You will be surrounded by like-minded professionals that are passionate about William Adams values:
Integrity - The Power of Honesty
Excellence - The Power of Quality
Teamwork - The Power of Working Together
Commitment - The Power of Responsibility
Sustainability - The Power of Endurance
If you would like further information in regards to this very important role, please contact either Darren O’Neill 0427 493 537 or Tim Waller on 0429 434 955